Friday 14 January 2011

Yeti Does 2010

Granted I kind of already did this.
But I can't leave Robin hanging.
2010 was an amazing year for music
In my (not so humble) opinion.

So, yeah, A Yeti 2010: In top 10 form.
Helps 2011 has already be given its AOTY via Kaputt.

10. Liars - Sisterworld


Open the door and follow the path down the rabbit hole...

9. Los Campesinos! - Romance Is Boring


That elephant in the room has never been more appealing.

8. Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma


If aliens ever came to Earth
I would provide them this album as man-kind's first peace offering

7. Big Boi -
Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty


That album we never knew we needed so badly.

6. The Walkmen - Lisbon



Pretty much just for "Angela Surf City."
Oh wait.
And the rest of this fucking brilliant record.

5. Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy



Yeezy gone crazy.
Then he comes through in the clutch.
That and "Devil In A New Dress" may be his finest song yet.

4. Beach House - Teen Dream



Miscalculated this one by quite a few steps.
Heavenly dream pop with accompanying down comforters.
Perfect for a clear, sunny day or a frantic, white-wash blizzard.
Thanks Kiran

3. The National - High Violet


I wish I could get as drunk as Matt Berninger
Then I'd be all self deprecatingly poetic too.

2. Women - Public Strain



Glad to see Robin and I came to an agreement here.
What the Beach Boys would sound like if they were from the frozen Tundra.
...and had a massive hard-on for Joy Division
That too.

1. Titus Andronicus - The Monitor


The universal aesthetic of freedom stuffed into a sprawling epic of anthemic punk rock.
Few do it better.
Really few have tried.
Patrick Stickles you are my hero.
Then there's this whole song.

No comments:

Post a Comment